Although you might be reluctant to hire a professional exterminator to remove pests, it’s the only way to prevent extensive damage to your home and property. While there are home solutions and remedies for rats, mice, and roaches, you may easily find yourself on the losing end of the battle without professional help.
Uncontrolled pests reproduce very quickly, and a small mouse or rat problem can soon turn into a significant issue. Rodents and insects tend to stick to dark and quiet areas of the home, so you’ll need to look for less visible signs of an infestation.
Home Areas to Check for Signs of Pests
One of the most high-risk areas for pest infestation includes the kitchen, which often has entry points from the outdoors and offers plenty of food and sustenance for creatures.
Other places to check include rooms that have pipes that go outdoors, ground-level windows, or other access to the outside. Attics, basements, and utility rooms are also usually desolate places that pests can hide.
The garage is the most common room for infestation because it’s the easiest for pests to access. If you have rodents or roaches in the garage, this problem can quickly spread to the main home. Close the garage when it’s not in use and make sure no gap exists between the door and the ground where critters can get through.
Signs of a Pest Infestation
Consult a professional pest control component if you notice any of the following infestation indicators:
- Scratching or pattering sounds within the walls that could be caused by movement
- A musky or stale odor often tinged with the scent of ammonia
- Evidence of a nest, usually constructed from shredded paper and trash, typically located within the walls, behind appliances, or in other warm, tight areas of the home
- Chewed furniture, pipes, insulation, wiring, baseboards, cupboards, or furniture
- Animal or insect droppings. Cockroach droppings are about the size of coffee granules while rodent droppings are more massive and vary with the size of the specific animal
If you have a significant infestation, you may even see the insects, mice, or rats in your home. Avoid an issue of this magnitude by seeking professional help as soon as you notice any warning signs of pests.
The pest extermination experts at My Private Exterminator have over 15 years of experience servicing commercial and residential properties in the Brooklyn area. Trust our team to arrive on time, evaluate the premise, explain the pest control process, and, most importantly, treat your home or business with respect.
Having a pest infestation can tarnish your business name and make your residence feel like less of a home. Reclaim your property and obtain much needed peace of mind when you call us today at 347-365-2159.