Brooklyn Ant Control Services
Although typically harmless, the site of a trail of ants in your home can be distressing. It may be tempting to simply squish the ants and forget about them; however, the arrival of ants may indicate a more serious issue. For your convenience, the experts at My Private Exterminator have outlined how to spot an ant infestation, steps to take if you have one, and when you should call an ant exterminator in New York City.
How to Spot an Ant Infestation
If you see a few ants in your home, it is reasonable to think that there is a colony nearby. Ants are social creatures, often creating trails that run through your property. Ants enter your home looking for food and to protect themselves from the natural environment and predators.
There are a few things you should know about ant behavior to determine if you have an infestation.
- Point of Entry – Ants can enter through even the tiniest cracks in the home, making it difficult to spot the point of entry.
- Scent Trails – Once a few ‘scout’ ants find a source of nutrients, they will product a trail of pheromones to signify to the rest of their tribe that they found sustenance.
- Nests – Ant nests are located anywhere from under your home’s foundation to your lawn.
- Colony Size – Ant colonies can range from a few hundred ants to upwards of 100,000.
- Lifetime – Colonies can survive for up to 15 years if not properly exterminated.
If you believe you have an ant infestation in New York City, it’s vital to take the necessary steps to completely eliminate them.
Preventing Ant Infestation
Ants thrive in moist conditions and where food is left out. If you want to prevent an ant infestation in your home or treat your current infestation, you can follow these tips:
- Correctly Identify Species – Different ant species have different behaviors and habitats. It’s vital to correctly identify the ant species so that you can treat the colony using proper techniques.
- Minimize Moisture – Ants need moisture and water to live. Fix any leaking pipes or drains around the house to discourage ant habitats.
Stay Clean – Properly store leftover food and keep your kitchen area clean. The dirtier the area, the more likely an ant colony will find its way into the home.
- Seal Your Home – Ants are tiny and can make their way into the home through even the smallest cracks in the foundation. Seal any areas where ants could enter the home and keep foliage adequately trimmed.
Though it’s possible to rid your home of an ant infestation using DIY techniques, insecticides are dangerous chemicals and can be tricky to use. Based off of this knowledge, it’s evident that professional ant extermination may be the best solution to fully eradicate an ant infestation.
When to Call an Exterminator
If you have taken the necessary prevention and treatment steps and continue to see a problem, it may be time to call a professional exterminator. My Private Exterminator has over 15 years of pest control experience and is eager to help you take back your home. We offer pest control services for commercial, residential, industrial, and food service locations.
Using formulated strategy and world class technology, our professionally-trained New York City exterminators can eliminate even the most extensive ant colonies at the source. When using our service, you benefit from our reasonable rates, simple appointment scheduling, and an efficient and reliable pest control team determined to break the cycle to prevent future outbreaks.
Don’t let those pesky ants get up to their antics and call today to put an end to that unwanted ant farm.Contact us today at (347) 365-2159 to learn more about our services. Our phone line is open 24/7.