Brooklyn Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs are nasty little pests that can live in your home without you ever knowing. These critters can show up or be transported to your home from an outside source. If you believe you have a bed bug infestation, it’s essential to call a pest control company quickly. Once a reputable exterminator inspects your home for bed bugs, you may have to schedule an extermination.
How Should I Prepare My Home for Bed Bug Treatment?
After investigating your home or workplace and determining that you do have a bed bug infestation, it’s important to take a few small steps before attempting to eliminate them yourself. You don’t want to get rid of some of them only to find a separate population somewhere you didn’t check.
At My Private Exterminator, we recommend eliminating as much clutter as possible in the affected area. This could be anything on the ground, including toys, blankets, clothing, and rugs. A collection of items in a small space is an effective hiding place for bed bugs. Also, verify that the next room over is clear as well. Bed bugs can move up to twenty feet in a night to search for food! If you do find bed bugs in the jumble of clutter, move these items after sealing them in an airtight bag to guarantee no fugitives have the potential to multiply throughout the residence.
Other than decluttering the infected area, here are a few tips to help prepare your home for bed bug treatment:
- Wash your sheets, pillowcases, blankets and any other bedding in hot water. Dry these items on the highest setting that won’t damage the materials and place in a bag separate from items that may be infested. You can also do the same for potentially infected clothing.
- Dry stuffed animals, pillows, curtains, and towels for at least 30 minutes on the highest setting that won’t damage the materials. Place the items in a double bag once dry.
- Avoid moving belongings to another location before or during your inspection as this can result in the spread of bed bugs to your car, office, or another home. This can also result in a reinfestation when you return such items to your home.
- Vacuum and wash all floors to prevent bed bugs from escaping. After vacuuming, make sure to place the vacuum bag into another bag before disposing of it.
- Provide access to closets, walls, and all other areas nearby furniture to help for a thorough inspection and treatment.
Following these helpful tips can help ensure that your bed bugs are effectively treated and that they don’t turn up again anytime soon.
The Extermination Process
The best way to guarantee the eradication of bed bugs is to enlist the help of an experienced exterminator. Detecting bed bugs can be difficult to the untrained eye, so DIY methods may not completely solve your problem.
Don’t be fooled by the name “bed” bugs. These pests can nest in linens, furniture, carpet, and more. After your exterminator determines the extent of your bed bug infestation, he or she will treat the affected areas using a variety of methods. Some methods include:
- Heat treatment
- Cold treatment
- Steam cleaners
- Non-chemical options
Only a trained exterminator can guarantee the eradication of the bed bugs in your home. Once the extermination process is over, exterminators typically help you monitor the site in case of reappearance.
Get Help From a Seasoned New York City Pest Exterminator
Let the professionals do the work for you. With over 15 years of eradicating unwanted annoyances, My Private Exterminator has solved all types of issues for thousands of New Yorkers. When using our service, you’ll benefit from simple appointment scheduling, reasonable rates, and seasoned exterminators who will get the job done efficiently and effectively. Don’t delay, call today to say night night to those vicious bed bugs.
Contact us at (347) 365-2159 to learn more about our services. Our phone lines are open 24/7.