The wood-eating, eusocial cousins of ants, termites are more closely related to cockroaches than they are ants. Their reproduction cycle is drastically different from ants as they repeatedly molt into maturity rather than metamorphosing from larvae to adult. As fascinating as their lifecycle is, they are a common pest and bane for many homeowners, particularly those with wood-dominant architecture or foundations.
A bane of homeowners across the world, but particularly in northern climates, termites can wreck homes, furniture, and cost thousands of dollars in damage. Over-the-counter solutions rarely take out termites for good. It’s critical to have an expert termite inspection in Brooklyn from My Private Exterminator Inc. to identify, eliminate, and ensure termites are no longer a threat to your home.
Signs of Termites
Termites aren’t always the easiest of pests to locate. Because termites are particularly photosensitive, it’s difficult to spot them in broad daylight. Termites also form tunnels made out of their feces and other materials, allowing them to navigate throughout your home or garden surreptitiously. While an expert Brooklyn termite inspection is the best way to determine the presence of termites, it is possible for the layperson to notice some visible signs of termite presence.
If you notice any of the following, it’s a safe bet you have a termite infestation:
- Noises In the Walls- Termites are loud insects. The larger termites, known as soldiers, have big pincers and defend the colony from danger. They also alert the colony when a threat is near. If you put your head close to the walls in your home, you may hear a slight clicking noise reminiscence of tapping. The clicking sound is the sound of the soldier termites tapping their heads against the wood to warn the colony. These are very subtle noises, so they are not always present.
- Termite Droppings- Termites are messy creatures in terms of the havoc they leave behind after ravaging a home or piece of furniture. They also leave their droppings around areas they are infesting. While subterranean termites are more likely to build tunnels from their feces, non-subterranean termites leave droppings on the outside of their nest. The appearance of their droppings is akin to black pepper or fine dark-colored powder.
- White “Ants”– No, those aren’t white ants. Those are termite nymphs. Termites, unlike ants, shed old skin and mature in a process called molting. When the younger termites freshly molt, their new exoskeleton gives them a soft white appearance. The presence of termite nymphs is a sure sign you have a termite infestation.
Full-Spectrum Termite Inspection
Identifying the definitive presence of termites requires an expert termite inspection in Brooklyn. An effective termite inspection will ensure the following:
- Identify- Locate and assess the extent of a termite infestation
- Eliminate- Determine the most cost-effective and safe solution for termite infestation.
- Prevent- Once elimination is complete, crafting a long-term solution to prevent future infestations is essential.
A termite inspection from My Private Exterminator Inc. ensures a full-spectrum termite inspection and end to your termite woes.
Schedule a Termite Inspection in Brooklyn Today
At My Private Exterminator Inc., we’ve served the city of New York and New York Tri-State area for over 15 years. Our expert team specializes in eliminating termites and a myriad of pests. We are on-call 24/7, 365, rain or shine.
To get 10-percent off of your first appointment, call us at 347-365-2159 or complete our online contact form today.